“(Love) always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” 1 Corinthians 13:7 NIV
Why do we protect people or things? Well for many reasons I suppose, but more times than not, we protect things we value, we treasure, we have loyalty to and most of all we protect those people and things that we love.
Love is a protector. It looks out for others, it stands alongside the fainthearted and provides for the weak and needy. It does not abandon its post. Love protects what is righteous and stands for what is true. Where “hatred stirs up quarrels, love makes up for all offenses.” Proverbs 10:12 NLT
The greatest example we find of love’s protection is in God. Who time and time again throughout history, the bible and even in our own lives, God has displayed his crazy love for us as he protect us by way of his mercy, his grace, his provision and through the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Whose death and resurrection has afforded protection from sin and death.
Its pleasing and reassuring to know that no matter what we face in this life we are valuable to God and have found shelter and protection in his arms. It is our only responsibility to trust Him. That’s how beautifully gracious Gods love is. “The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.” Nahum 1:7
- Where do you see God’s love and protection active in your life?
- How can you shower love and protection over someone’s life today?
- Here are some more scriptures on God’s love and protection:
- “We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.” 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
- “A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.” Psalm 91:7
- “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.” Psalm 34:19